Tips for writers
- World building (SFW)
- Tips for new writers from literary agents
- 101 Tips for writers (Ally Carter)
- “The White Room” by author Miriam Herin
- Writing excuses (podcasts for writers)
- 101 Best websites for writers
- Descriptions for writers
Novel structure and classification
- Word count by genre (The Swivet)
- Novel length (Writer’s Digest)
- Types of genres (Daily Writing Tips)
Grammar Books (copied from DeAnna Pearce’s entry blog)
- The Chicago Manual of Style – It is the bible of grammar, and it reads that way as well, slow and difficult. It has all the answers to my questions though, even if it takes me awhile to find them. They also offer on online edition which is relatively inexpensive and makes searching easier.
- Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark – Breaks down the rules of grammar into easy, applicable tools to improve your writing.
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. – Small book with a powerful punch. It’s a simple book with basic truths about writing.